The Goat Meat Peppersoup is the most popular variant of all Nigerian peppersoups. And nothing warms the heart and the belly, in cold weather, like a well-cooked bowl of goat meat peppersoup.
- 700g Goat Meat (with skin)
- 4 seeds Ehu or Calabash Nutmeg
- Habanero Pepper (to taste)
- A few scent leaves or 2 tablespoons of dry Uziza
- 2 medium onions
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 big stock cubes
- Wash the goat meat and put in a medium pot. Pour water to cover the meat and then some more. Goat meat is tough so use a pressure cooker to cook it if you have one.
- Add the stock cubes, ground ehu seeds and the chunks of onion and start cooking.
- When the meat is done, remove the chunks of onion.
- Add pepper, scent leaves or uziza leaves.
- Cover the pot and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.